Be The Next Player
On Our Team
Director of Design
WSC Sports develops an AI-based automation solution for real-time sports content creation and distribution and is the fastest-growing sports-tech company in the world.
Why WSC Sports:
You’ll work in an awesome environment alongside some of the most innovative people around, using cutting-edge technologies and tools (video editing, AI, data, etc.), and have the opportunity to directly influence the products and tools used by our clients who include sports giants such as the NBA, Bundesliga, FIBA, ESPN and more And that’s just the beginning of what WSC Sports has to offer!
The Director of Design is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output within the company. You’ll report to the VP Product and be part of the product department leadership, establishing our department culture, goals and vision.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the overall Product Design, Brand Design and Motion teams and oversee their activities. In addition you’ll be responsible for recruiting and managing third party design suppliers as well as internal design resources. Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
- Manage design team leaders and designers and be responsible in mentoring them, shaping career development and managing performance.
- Work closely with Product leadership to define a high-level product strategy and vision and contribute to the definition and development of the product roadmap.
- Work closely with Marketing leadership to help define our brand strategy and guidelines and be an active part of the execution of our brand materials.
- Ensure consistency between Marketing branding, Product branding, and visual consistency throughout our products and messaging collateral promoting our products. Maintain and enrich the design system & brand book to allow scalability and efficiency
- Influencing design-led thinking across the business. Take active part in brainstorms and product improvements. Be initiative, suggest solutions and find problems.
- Set craft quality standards with a deep understanding of the customer’s goals, business requirements, and technical limitations. Conduct customer interviews to ensure usage and business insights are central to your team’s work and process
- Ensure the design and creative deliverables are aligned to stakeholder expectations and executed within budget and deadlines.
- Deliver a design strategy, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates that actualize the larger strategy over time. Make sure that design helps to achieve our business goals and the design strategy follows the overall company strategy.
- Lead with customer obsession, guide towards strong user experience and strategically leverage user research.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of design leadership experience with direct reports, including hiring and developing and scaling both product and visual design teams.
- Experience working with Product and Marketing teams.
- Have a great passion for design with proven ability to execute a creative vision.
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
- Vast experience in digital products: web apps, mobile apps, graphic design. Passion for delightful product experiences, ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Well-versed in collaborative design techniques, Agile and Lean frameworks, rapid prototyping, UX design, UX patterns
- Experience in branding, attention to detail A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After-effect, Premiere, etc)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects from concept to completion. Remarkable writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- B.Des degree or an equivalent
- Bonus – love for sports